There are two names on Twitter: your Username and your display name. But the latter display name appears beside your Username and the top of the profile.
The former username, however, is the name that appears in your profile URL. A username on Twitter comes with a “@” sign.
Follow the below steps if you want to change your Twitter username or the display name on your Twitter account.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR TWITTER USERNAME
- Firstly, log in to your Twitter account via the mobile app or any web browser of your choice.
- You will now click on your profile image, or if you can’t see a profile image click on the gear icon.
- Click on Settings, and You will see the following screen, which is your account screen. But if it did not come up immediately, click on the Account option on the left side of your screen to activate it.
- While you are on your Account screen, you will see a text box to the right of Username. Enter your nee Username there. Twitter will check if your Username is available. If it is not, you can choose another username.
Note: Your Twitter username must not be more than 15 characters. And you can only use alphanumerical characters on your Username.
Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page once you are through with the username selection and enter your account password when suggested.
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY TWITTER DISPLAY NAME
- Follow the step below to change your display name on Twitter
- Just log in to your Twitter account, either the mobile app or any browser of your choice.
- Click on your profile icon or the gear icon, then select View Profile.
- You will now click on Edit Profile which is on the right side of your screen. When you click on it, everything on the screen will fade, and your profile details on the left side of the screen will be highlighted.
- You will now enter your new Username in the text field below the profile picture.
Don’t miss :
Note: the Username should not be more than 20 characters. Then click on Save Changes, and it should reflect. That’s how users can easily change their Twitter name, either Username or display name.